It's no small miracle that in my 30-plus years on this planet I've yet to walk into a closed glass or screen door. I am, according to many who know me, a "dreamer." Or, according to some of the women I've dated, "aloof." Either way, I'm often lost in my own thoughts, whether it be walking down the street without a clue of my original destination or at a candle-lit dinner vaguely suspecting that the person across from me just said something deep and compelling, but having not the faintest idea as to what it was. So while I enjoy a hearty laugh at any unsuspecting dufus who -- so excited about being the first person to the barbecue -- doesn't realize that semi-transparent door in front of him is closed before walking into it, I also realize that it is only a matter of time until I am that dufus. Now that we have translucent concrete to look forward to, my oblivion may be a bit more painful.
- Graydon, Oliver. "Concrete casts new light in dull rooms." Optics.org. March 11, 2004 (April 6, 2012) http://optics.org/article/19184
- Hanlon, Mike. "Bendable Concrete." Gizmag. May 6, 2005. (April 6, 2012) http://www.gizmag.com/go/4019/
- Hanlon, Mike. "Heavyweight transparency - Light Transmitting Concrete." Gizmag. Jan. 26, 2005. (April 6, 2012) http://www.gizmag.com/go/5093/
- Inventables. "Translucent Concrete." (April 6, 2012)
- Kim, Sun Joo. "Concrete you can see through." SmartPlanet. Oct. 24, 2011 (April 6, 2012)
- Kim, Sun Joo. "The Bank of Georgia's translucent concrete lined headquarters." SmartPlanet. Feb. 22, 2012 (April 6, 2012).
- Litracon. "LiTraCon." (April 6, 2012) http://www.litracon.hu/product.php?id=7
- Lucem. "Nbank of Beorgia, Tbilisi." (April 6, 2012) http://www.lucem.de/index.php?id=215&L=1
- Portland Cement Association. "Casting Concrete in a Decorative Light." (April 6, 2012)
- Rao, B. Krishna. "Steel Fiber Reinforced Self-Compacting Concrete Incorporating Class F Fly Ash." International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2010 (April 6, 2012) http://www.ijest.info/docs/IJEST10-02-09-85.pdf