A huge number of man caves seem to fall into the sports-fan category. If you have any kind of sports memorabilia at all, it's probably rotting in a box somewhere if you don't have a man cave to display it in. Where else are you going to put it -- the living room? The master bedroom? We think not. The man cave is your chance to rescue your posters, jerseys and sports equipment from storage and put them where they belong, on prominent display. You can do a generic sports theme, of course, but a shrine to a specific team (or at least city) is really the best way to show your stuff.
Must-have: A multitude of signed items, and an original seat from your stadium of choice would truly be the piece de resistance.
- Buley, Taylor. "20 Gadgets for Your Man Cave." Forbes. Sept. 9, 2009. (Oct. 4, 2010) http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/09/kindle-wii-zune-technology-personal-tech-gadgets_slide_2.html?thisspeed=25000
- Chan, Michelle. "Forget the Man Cave; Welcome to the 'Mom Cave.'" Kansas City Star. Oct. 5, 2010. (Oct. 6, 2010) http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/05/2278754/forget-the-man-cave-welcome-to.html
- Dash, Eric. "The Steelers at the Intersection of Iron City Beer and Art Basel." New York Times. Sept. 18, 2010. (Oct. 4, 2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/sports/football/19cheer.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=man%20cave&st=cse
- DIY Network. "Man Caves." (Oct. 4, 2010) http://www.diynetwork.com/man-caves/show/index.html
- Electronic House. "Best Themed Home Theaters." (Oct. 4, 2010) http://www.electronichouse.com/slideshow/category/8890/1244
- Hollister, Sean. "International Space Station Gets 'Man Cave,' Robonaut." Engadget. March 28, 2010. (Oct. 4, 2010) http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/28/international-space-station-gets-man-cave-robonaut-2/
- Theo, John Jr. "Home Improvement: A Peek Inside the Man Cave." GateHouse News Service. Sept. 27, 2010. (Oct. 6, 2010) http://www.wickedlocal.com/chatham/features/x459821891/HOME-IMPROVEMENT-A-peek-inside-the-man-cave
The round papasan chair seemed to be everywhere back in the day. HowStuffWorks delves into the history of the papasan chair.