Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Bathroom Readers' Institute (eds.). "The Ice Age." In Curiously Compelling Bathroom Reader. (Ashland, OR: Portable Press, 2006), 387-390
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerators. Samsung. 2009. Accessed 13 Oct. 2009. http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/appliances/refrigerators/bottom-freezer/index.idx?pagetype=subtype.
- Butterworth, Brent (ed.). "Refrigerator." In How Things Work. (Lincolnwood, Illinois: Publications International, 1990), 137
- Chapel, George L. "Gorrie's Fridge." Apalichola Area Historical Society. Accessed 1 Dec. 2009.http://www.phys.ufl.edu/~ihas/gorrie/fridge.htm
- Elert, Glenn. Refrigerators: The Physics Hypertextbook (1998-2005). Accessed 14 Oct. 2009. http://physics.info/refrigerators/index.shtml
- Environmental Protection Agency. "Nonessential Product Bans." May 14, 2009. Accessed 1 Dec. 2009.http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/noness/610summ.html
- Ferris, F.J. The Perkins Family. (2002). Accessed 13. Oct. 2009.http://www.hevac-heritage.org/victorian_engineers/perkins/perkins.htm
- Hakim, S.H. and I. Turiel. "Cost-Efficiency Analysis in Support of the Energy Conservation Standards for Refrigerator/Freezers." Accessed 2 Dec. 2009.http://eappc76.lbl.gov/drupal.files/ees/ashrae5.pdf
- The Knowledge Commons (eds.). "Thermos." In Instant Genius. (Ashland, OR: Portable Press, 2008), 209.
- Koff, Richard. "Air conditioner." In How Does It Work? (New York: Bonanza Books, 1961), 11
- Martin, Ron. "Ice Houses in Sussex." Sussex Industrial History 14 (1984-85). May 31, 2009. Accessed 15 Oct. 2009.http://www.icehouses.co.uk/sussex.htm
- National Center for Home Food Preservation. "Frequently Asked Freezing Questions."http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/questions/FAQ_freezing.html#3
- Shepard, Sue. Pickled, Potted and Canned: How the Art and Science of Food Preserving Changed the World. (New York: Simon and Schuster, 2000), 280-285http://books.google.com/books?id=pNxLRqSreGkC&lpg=PA6&dq=Potted%20and%20Canned%3A%20How%20the%20Art%20and%20Science%20of%20Food%20Preserving%20Changed%20the%20World&pg=PA6#v=onepage&q=&f=false