Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Zarc International: Oleoresin Capsicum
- American Institute of Cancer Research
- American Institute for Cancer Research. "Some Like It Hot." Feb, 2007. (Sept. 16, 2009) http://www.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11165
- Archuleta, Melecita M. "Oleorecin Capsicum: Toxicology Evaluation and Hazard Review." U.S. Department of Energy. Oct. 1995. (Aug. 31, 2009) http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/120857-xKkikC/webviewable/120857.pdf
- Czarnecki, Fabrice, MD. "Chemical Hazards in Law Enforcement." Clinics in Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp. 443-456. Aug. 2003.
- Department of Justice, Canada. "Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted." Aug. 27, 2009. (Sept. 9, 2009) http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cr/SOR-98-462/bo-ga:s_1::bo-ga:s_2?page=2&noCookie
- Frostburg State University, Department of Chemistry. "Fire and Spice: The Molecular Basis for Flavor." July 31, 2007. (Sept. 9, 2009) http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/features/capsaicin.shtml
- Goodwin, Peter. "How Everyday Things Work: 60 Descriptions and Activities." J. Weston Walch. 1992.
- Granfield, John, Jami Onnen, and Charles S. Petty, MD. "Pepper Spray and In-Custody Deaths." March 1994. (Sept. 8, 2009) www.aele.org/law/2009all01/iacp-oc-deaths1994.pdf
- National Institute of Justice, Technology Assessment Program. "Oleorecin Capsicum: Pepper Spray as a Force Alternative." March 1994. (Sept.7, 2009) www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181655.pdf
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, Chemical Science and Technology Laboratory. "Evaluation of Oleorecin Capsicum (Pepper Spray) Canisters for Chemical Content and Reliability." (Sept. 7, 2009) http://www.nist.gov/cstl/analytical/organic/pepperspray.cfm
- Nicolaou, K.C., and T. Montagnon. "Molecules That Changed The World." Wiley-VCH Verlag VmbH & Co. 2008.
- Pepper Spray Store. "Disguised/Hidden Pepper Sprays." (Sept. 8, 2009) http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/disguised-pepper-sprays.shtml
- Petty, Charles S., MD. "Deaths in Police Confrontations When Oleoresin Capsicum is Used." Feb. 2004. (Sept. 4, 2009) www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204029.pdf
- Smith, David. "Pepper spray defence means South Africa robbers face loss of balance at cash machines." The Guardian. July 12, 2009. (Sept. 8, 2009) http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/12/south-africa-cash-machine-pepper-spray
- Smith, C. Gregory, MD, and Woodhall Stopford, MD. "Health Hazards of Pepper Spray." North Carolina Medical Journal. (Aug. 20, 2009) http://web.archive.org/web/20000817004624/http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/Smith-OK.htm
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, National Institute of Justice. "The Effectiveness and Safety of Pepper Spray." April 2003. (Sept. 4, 2009) www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/195739.pdf
- Wright, Steve. "An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control." European Parliament. (Sept. 8, 2009) http://cryptome.org/stoa-atpc.htm
- Zarc International. "Oleoresin Capsicum." (Sept. 4, 2009) http://www.zarc.com/english/cap-stun/tech_info/oc/