Painting is a quick and easy way to update a room. Follow these stain removal tips to make sure your household surfaces don't become innocent victims of your home-improvement efforts.
The first step in removing paint stains is to identify the stained material.
Below are the most common types of materials that can become paint-stained, with steps on how to remove oil-base paint from each:
- Non-washable fibers such as Acetate, Burlap, Fiberglass, Silk,Triacetate, Wool
- Washable fibers such as Acrylic Fabric, Cotton, Linen, Modacrylic,Nylon, Olefin, Polyester, Spandex
- Hard surfaces such as Acrylic Plastic, Plexiglas, Polyurethane,Vinyl Clothing
- Flooring such as Asphalt, Cork, Linoleum, Vinyl Tile
- Bamboo or cane
- Stone surfaces such as Bluestone, Concrete, Flagstone, Granite,Limestone, Masonry Tile, Sandstone,Slate, Terrazzo
- Carpet (synthetic or wool)
- Ceramic Glass/Tile, Glass
- Leather or suede