Hunkering down and riding out a hurricane is no fun, and certainly not as glamorous-looking as the tornado that picked up Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. But you'll be relieved to know that you can plan ahead for such an eventuality and build a hurricane shelter to protect you and yours. Take this quiz to learn more about hurricane shelters.
WHAT'S INSIDE: HOME IMPROVEMENT
- Home DIY
- Home Innovations
- Home Office
- Home Styles
- Household Hints & Tips
- Outdoor Living
- Tools & Materials
Explore These Topics:
- Why do the entry doors to most homes open inward, while in most public buildings, the entry doors open outward?
- What is plywood? Why do people use it so much? What about oriented strand board (OSB)?
- How does pressure-treated lumber work?
- Can you soundproof your living space?
- Ultimate Guide to Designer Tree Houses
It's all fun and games until your game system malfunctions. Why stare at a frozen screen in disbelief when you can prevent mishaps with regular cleaning? Here's how to keep things in working order.
Keep bees, flies, and more away from your backyard outings with these simple ways of controlling pests.